Serious Stress – Sympatho- Adreno- Medullary Pathway
1 ) Hypothalamus
* Delivers a signal for the sympathetic ganglia
2 . Sympathetic Ganglia
* Connected to internal organs
* Triggers the Adrenal Medulla.
3. Adrenal Medulla
* Emits Adrenaline and Noradrenalin into the blood stream. 2. Prepares your body for fight or flight mode.
Pressure as a Physical Response
Pressure if the lack of fit between your individual and the environment. Exactly what are the signs of anxiety?
* Improved Heart Rate
2. Increase in Perspire
* Embrace pupil size (dilation)
* Increase in Adrenaline
When exposed to stressors the Sympathetic Anxious System (SNS) is turned on. The SNS either releases Adrenaline which usually prepares the body for air travel or battle or emits glucose inside the blood system for strength. The Autonomic Nervous System has two branches, Sympathetic Branch (SNS) and the Parasympathetic Branch (PNS). The SNS is afflicted when body is hit simply by stressors, the PNS utilized later-returns human body back to relaxing state (HOMOSTATIS). PNS activated to decrease internal method. 2 Types of Pressure
1 . Severe Stress elizabeth. g. Unfamiliar Pop Quiz in Class
2 . Chronic Pressure e. g. Whole Means of Sixth Form and Tests
Serious Stress- Hypothalmic- Pituitary- Well known adrenal Axis
1 . Hypothalamus
5. Sends some text to the Pituitary Gland
2 . Pituitary Gland
* Releases Adreno-Cortico-Tropic Hormone
2. ACTH sets off the Well known adrenal Cortex
a few. Adrenal Cortex
* Produces Cortisol in blood stream to make sure there is a stable flow of glucose in the blood stream.
Tension and the Disease fighting capability
Immune system helps protect the body against infection & disease (ANIGENS) Immune Systems Response
1 . The malware infects the entire body
2 . A Macrophage engulfs the Disease and then initiates the T Cells (Thymus Cells) 3. T Skin cells turn into either B Cellular material (Bone marrow in bloodstream stream) or Natural Great Cells (Cytoxic Cells) 4. The Cytoxic Cells infect and eliminate body cells.
5. The B Skin cells form Plasma Cells which can make Antibodies
6. There a specific anti-bodies for different antigens. The specific antibodies will hole onto the antigens, that will kill the virus. Tension and Condition
2. Stress by itself doesn't make you ill, may well increase the likelihood of illness * Linked to Aerobic Disorder & Immunosuppression Pressure and the Immunity process
* The ability to fight off anti-gens can be reduces, therefore makes very likely to fall ill. 2. Stress response hormones effect the Immune System
Direct and Indirect Effects of Anxiety
* Immediate Biological Results
5. Physical Transform & Junk Change
* Maladaptive Coping Actions
* Cigarette smoking and Drinking
* Psychologically Mediated Effects
2. On Diet and Activity Level
Age and Gender Differences- Telephone Survey
* Girls found being more likely to report problems and being tensions than males (84% versus 76%) 5. People under age of sixty five more likely to record being challenges than seniors (82% v 70%)
Improved risk of Disease and Illness
Life Changes and Daily Hassel's
Life Change: Experiences in our daily life that require significant readjustment (MARRIAGE) Daily Hassel: Minor Incidents out of day to day living (HOUSEWORK) Social Readjustment Ranking Scale
* A few of the events ought to be reconsidered
5. It can be also opinionated
* Persons deal with pressure in different techniques.
5. Stress Levels are different for all people.
* Marital life may be demanding for some in particular cultures, whereas in other civilizations they are not really stressful Hassles and Heightens Scale
5. Lazarus 1981
* Think about ‘uplifting' a result of positive daily events upon negative daily hassle's once measuring anxiety levels Headaches and Raises - Gervais 2005
* Located that when rns kept a diary, recording daily hassles and uplifts also saving rate of performances confirmed that uplifts...