NOTRE DAME OF JOLO FOR COLLEGE
ASSIGNMENT IN COMMUNITY HEALTH NURSING
SUB. BY: FATIMA ARLENE T. SAHIBUDDIN
SUB. TO: MS. SAKURA ABDURAJI REGISTERED NURSE, MAN. (Clinical Instructor)
10 Herbal Medicines Given the green light by DOH
These are generally the list of the five (10) medicinal vegetation that the Philippine Department of Health (DOH) through its " Traditional Health Program” have been supported. All 10 (10) herbal products have been thoroughly tested and have been medically proven to have got medicinal value in the relief and treatment of various aliments:
1 . Akapulko (Cassia alata)
– Described as " bayabas-bayabasan” and " ringworm bush” in British, this organic medicine can be used to treat ringworms and skin area fungal attacks. Benefits & Treatment of Akapulko:
• Exterior Use: Treatment of skin area diseases: Tinea infections, pest bites, ringworms, eczema, quite a few and itchiness. • Mouth rinse in stomatitis
• Internal work with: Expectorant to get bronchitis and dyspnoea
• Alleviation of asthma symptoms
• Used because diuretic and purgative
• Intended for cough & fever
• As a laxative to expel intestinal parasites and other stomach problems. Note: A strong decoction of Akapulko leaves is an abortifacient. Expecting mothers should not consider decoction in the leaves or any type of part of this plant. Preparation & Work with: �
• For exterior use, pound the leaves of the Akapulko plant, press the juice and apply on influenced areas. • As the expectorant for bronchitis and dyspnoea, drink decoction (soak and boil for 10 to 12-15 minutes) of Akapulko leaves. The same planning may be used as a mouth clean, stringent, and wash for dermatitis. • As laxative, minimize the plant parts(roots, flowers, as well as the leaves) intoa manageable size then make a decoction Note: The decoction loses its potency if not used for quite a while. Dispose left overs after eventually. • The pounded leaves of Akapulko features purgative functions, specifically against ringworms. It has to be taken into account that the pounded leaves on this plant might be applied thinly on the affected part two times a day. Marked improvement can be expected after two to three weeks of continuous app to the damaged area(s) the place that the prepared Akapulko leaves were applied.
2 . Ampalaya (Momordicacharantia)
– generally known as " unhealthy gourd” or perhaps " nasty melon” in English, that most known as the treatment of diabetes (diabetes mellitus), for in that case on-insulin centered patients. Note: In huge dozes, genuine Ampalaya juice can be a purgative and abortifacient. Herbal Rewards of Ampalaya: �
• Good for rheumatism and gout
• And diseases of the spleen and liver
• Aids in lowering blood sugar levels
• Helps in lowering stress
• Relives headaches, Disinfects and heals wounds & burns • Can be used as being a cough & fever treatment
• Treatment of intestinal worms, diarrhea
• Helps prevent some types of cancer, Enhances immune system to fight infection • For treatment of haemorrhoids, Is an antioxidant and parasiticide • Is antiseptic and antipyretic
Preparation & Use of Ampalaya: �
• For coughs, fever, worms, diarrhea, diabetes, juice Ampalaya leaves and drink a spoonful daily. • Pertaining to other ailments, the fruit andleaves can both be juiced and taken orally. • For headaches wounds, burnsand skin diseases, apply warmedleaves to afflicted area. • Powdered leaves, and the rootdecoction, may be used asstringent and applied to treat haemorrhoids • Inner parasites will be proven tobe expelled when the ampalaya juice, made from its leaves, isextracted. The ampalaya juice, and grounded seed products is to be taken onespoonful thrice a day, which alsotreats diarrhea, dysentery, andchronic colitis.
three or more. Bayabas (Psidium guajava)
–" guava” in English. It truly is primarily employed as an antiseptic, to disinfect injuries. Also, it can be used as a oral cavity wash to treat tooth corrosion and bubble gum...
Code Galore Caselet: Using COBIT® 5 for facts Security IF5141-01 Manajemen Keamanan Informasi Sem II-2013/2014 ..